Certificate of Origin
The Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce is proud to offer this benefit to the business community in order to assist in the facilitation of Massachusetts companies doing business internationally.
The Plymouth Area Chamber is committed to helping businesses grow by exploring international opportunities. Data shows many reasons for any size business to think about exporting:
- 96% of the world’s consumers live outside of the U.S.
- 2/3 of the world’s purchasing power is outside the U.S.
- 97% of U.S. exports are from small to medium-sized businesses
- Companies that export typically grow faster and are less likely to go out of business
- Global exposure to new technology and innovation allows exporting companies to gain
a competitive advantage
What is a Certificate of Origin?
A Certificate of Origin (CO) is a document that states the origin of goods being exported. Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining what duty will be assessed on the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all. A Certificate of Origin is an export document certifying that the referenced goods were produced in the United States. The Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce provides Certificates of Origin to Plymouth Area Chamber Members as a benefit of membership (free of charge), and to non-members for an administrative fee of $25 per certificate.
How can I get a Certificate of Origin from the Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce?
If you need a Certificate of Origin issued by the Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce, please:
- Complete, sign and have the appropriate Certificate of Origin
- Complete and sign a Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce Release form
Attach all original shipment invoices for all items referenced on the certificate
- If you are not a member of the Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce, please attach a check or money order in the amount of $25 per certificate requested. There is no charge to Plymouth Area Chamber members.
- All requests and documents must be made in person at the Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce office, located at 134 Court Street Plymouth, MA.